- Ceramic / Glass Coatings
- 22ple VM1 "Extreme" high temperature Metal & Wheel Coating
22ple VM1 "Extreme" high temperature Metal & Wheel Coating
22ple VM1 Extreme Rim and Metal Coating is a special protective coating made in Japan that will protect your wheels, exhaust tips, metal trim and more! This product is truly a unique form of protection that is unlike traditional wheel protection because it can last 3-5 years. VM1 will leave behind a hardened high silica-content glass barrier that will protect your metal trim, wheels (painted, cleared, or un-coated), exhaust tips, and painted brake calipers from road grime, brake dust, pollutants, moisture and other everyday environmental elements. While traditional wheel sealants will provide a few months of protection you can expect around 3-5 years out of VM1! This formula was designed specifically for your wheels and it will withstand temperatures of up to 700 degrees! So when brake dust hits your wheels at several hundred degrees it doesn't just etch right through the protection. It repels contaminants and prevents them from hitting your wheel. You will also be amazed at how slick the surface looks and feels after an application. Water and contamination will roll off your rims making maintenance washes easier then they have ever been before. This ultimately saves you time and keeps your wheels looking great year round. So how does the VM1 look on my wheels? The wheels will have that incredible shine afterward that really make your vehicle stand out. Best of all that great shine is going to last with low maintenance and durable protection. So if you are looking for a semi-permanent wheel protectant that makes your wheels look stunning the 22ple VM1 Extreme is for you!
22ple Application Instructions:
- Ensure the surface is cleaned & polished.
- Remove all oil/polishes on the surface by doing an IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol) wipe down. Use a mixture of 50% Isopropyl Alcohol with 50% distilled water.
- Please make sure the surfaces are cool and TOTALLY dry before applying the glass coat.
- Pour a small amount of glass coat liquid onto the applicator pad of your choice and apply to the metal surface. Do not over-apply as it does not give you additional benefit, but it might make it difficult to remove.
- Allow approximately 2 to 3 minutes of dwell time (at 25 degrees C / 77 degrees F) or slightly longer in colder (below 20 degrees C / 68 degrees F) ambient temperature. Lightly buff off all coating residue with a clean microfiber towel.
- Allow approx. 4~6 hours for the coating to settle, reapply a second layer as necessary.
- It is highly recommended, but not mandatory to cure the coated surface under infrared curing lamp.
- If you choose to cure the glass coat with the aid of infra-red curing lamp. You may use the following settings as a guideline: Set temperature at 65 degrees C / 150 degrees F, cure for between 6 to 8 minutes at a distance of 2 feet
Durability: 3~5 Years
Recommended: 2~3 Layers, Applied 4~6 hours apart