- Car Care Detailing Products
- Optix Iron Remover / Paint Decontamination
Optix Iron Remover / Paint Decontamination
Iron removers are all the rage in the world of detailing when it comes to wheel cleaning and decontamination of ferrous metal fallout embedded in paint.
- Reacts with iron deposits to neutralize bond and dissolve ferrous metal particles
- Formula neutralizes the reactions that cause rust and paint failure caused by hot brake dust particles or rail dust or industrial contamination.
- Iron catalyst turns purple once contact is made with any iron particles
- pH-balanced formula safe for all wheel types, gloss paint, clear coat finishes, polished metal, chrome, and glass
- Add to your wheel-cleaning arsenal to remove the most stubborn brake dust and contaminants especially on European cars which typically have very dusty high performance brakes.
- Each 1 litre bottle comes with a sprayer
Iron particles can come from different sources. It can be brake dust, iron particles from a railroad track or airborne from industrial areas. There are several sources that these particles can come from. Iron particles have a microscopic outer edge that is very jagged. Unlike some sand grains that can be almost perfectly smooth, iron particles are very jagged and uneven. Iron also oxidizes, creating iron(III)oxide particles that have an even more jagged outside. These particles with their rough edges can get stuck to any surface really easily. The surface of paintwork for example is not completely flat when you look through a microscope, and these microscopic “hills and valleys” can be the place where these particles get stuck. When iron oxidizes (Rusts), the surface expands and can create pitting into wheels and clear coats causing the clear coat to fail prematurely.